Nokia launched a feature phone -- it barely has a browser -- and the internet went nuts. Part of that is because the original was such an iconic phone: simple, indestructible, easy. Now the 3310 is back and better than ever.
How much better?
We stumbled across an original 3310 handset -- all the way from the year 2000 -- and brought the two generations together. Family reunion! Almost?
Here are the big standouts from the new 3310:
- It's slimmer, brighter and looks way more fragile.
- The new screen is larger and displays color (those black-and-white days are over).
- There's a camera! And a flashlight! You can MMS images!
- There's an Opera browser. And an app store.
- You can play games like Asphalt 6.
- A microSD card can store images.
- Battery life may last up to 22 hours and a month on standby mode.
- Yes, it still has all the Nokia-ness you love: That unforgettable earworm of a ringtone, and Snake.
Check out the rest of our Mobile World Congress 2017 coverage.
Mobile World Congress 2018
reading•We compared the new Nokia 3310 to the original
Jun 1•All-screen, no-notch Vivo Nex phone officially lands June 12
Apr 11•21 hidden Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus features
Mar 29•CNET UK podcast 537: Huawei goes colourful and Andy secures his home
Mar 25•Web Foundation CEO: Getting the whole world online is our goal