Blizzard has released a new update for Overwatch on PC, PS4 and Xbox One. The patch makes a number of user interface tweaks and squashes a few bugs. More importantly, however, it also makes it so Mercy's resurrections won't be awarded a Play of the Game as frequently.
The other major change introduced in the patch is the payload on Eichenwalde will move a little quicker now. You can take a look at the full patch notes below, courtesy of Blizzard.
- Players should now see fewer Plays of the Game featuring Mercy's Resurrection ability
- Increased payload speed on Eichenwalde
User Interface Updates
- A new Competitive Tier legend has been added to the Competitive Play info screen
- A new Match Complete splash screen has replaced the former Round Complete splash screen in competitive matches
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Triple Kill announcement from being played after a kill streak of 3 or more
- Fixed several issues causing some players obtain a skill rating that's higher than their actual rating
- Note: A very small number of people were affected by these issues, but those who were affected will have their skill rating adjusted appropriately
- Fixed a bug causing the wrong arrow to be shown on Hanzo's bow, or disappear entirely (the correct arrow would still be fired)
- Fixed a bug preventing Junkrat's RIP-Tire from receiving credit for kills, achievements, and other stats
- Fixed a bug allowing Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations on Hollywood
In related news, Blizzard Entertainment's senior VP of story and franchise development ,Chris Metzen, is retiring. This brings a 21-year career at the studio to a close. During this time Metzen was one of the driving creative forces behind the Warcraft, StarCraft and Diablo games. He served as creative director on Overwatch.
Metzen emphasized that he is retiring because he's "not going to some other company or starting up new projects or anything remotely like that."