There's a new build of Internet Explorer 7 for XP SP2 beta 2 dated March 20, 2006 (build 5335). However, the new version offers very few differences from the previous build, which was first available last January (build 5296). For more details on the basics found within IE 7, read our
If you're already running a previous build of IE 7 beta 2, you'll first have to uninstall it. To uninstall a previous IE 7 build, Microsoft advises the following:
1. Click Start > Control Panel.
2. Click "Add or remove programs."
3. Check Show Updates at the top of the dialog box.
4. Scroll down the list to "Windows XP - software updates," select "Internet Explorer 7 beta 2 preview," then click Change/Remove.
If "Internet Explorer 7 beta 2 preview" does not appear in "Add or remove programs" after clicking Show Updates, you'll need to run
[windir]$NtUninstallie7b2pmx$spuninstspuninst.exe (where [windir] is the location of your Windows directory).
However, in order to run this executable, you will first need to have View Hidden Folders enabled. To view hidden files, Microsoft advises the following:
1. Open Windows Explorer.
2. Click the Tools menu.
3. Click Folder Options.
4. Click the View tab.
5. Click "Show hidden files and folders.
6. Unclick "Hide protected operating system files."
7. Click OK.