Longhorn's hefty hardware requirements According to a Microsoft Watch article on Longhorn -- the next major version of Windows, due sometime in 2006 -- posted last week, "Microsoft is expected to recommend that the 'average' Longhorn PC feature a dual-core CPU running at 4 to 6GHz; a minimum of 2 gigs of RAM; up to a terabyte of storage; a 1 Gbit, built-in, Ethernet-wired port and an 802.11g wireless link; and a graphics processor that runs three times faster than those on the market today." (Thanks, MacMinute.) More.
iMixes proving popular In a press release yesterday, Apple announced that in addition to selling 3.3 million songs over the past week, users have posted 20,000 iMixes and those iMixes have been rated over 50,000 times. More.
Developer CD collection for sale An interesting ebay auction is offering -- to registered Apple Developers only -- almost 400 Apple Developer CDs, claiming to include every disc ever released. More.
Previously on MacFixIt:
- Another solution for FireWire drives not being recognized
- iTunes-burned CDs not playable on all players?
- More on dropouts with long tracks on iPod
- iDVD 4 missing original iDVD themes?consequences
- Odds and Ends: Safari stalls and solution; problems downloading Quicken update; Knowledge Base updates
- Utilities Updates: Finder Window Manager; Ipanema; FileMatic
- New and Noteworthy: Apple in Enterprise; iPod IPO