Technically Incorrect offers a slightly twisted take on the tech that's taken over our lives.
This is a cautionary tale.
On Sunday evening, a man in St.Petersburg, Russia was said to have been throwing things out of his apartment window.
Police were called. As Sputnik News reports, they arrived to discover the man had actually thrown furniture. Then he did something even more damaging. To himself, that is.
The site quotes a local police report: "A 41-year-old unemployed man was found in the apartment, who resisted arrest when apprehended by police, after which he continued to conduct himself inappropriately and began to demonstratively eat the broken glass and plastic of his tablet."
This is not a good idea. Putting any electronics into your mouth is not a good idea.
The police report goes on to explain that the officer at the scene tried to stop the man eating his gadget. However, the report says: "The man lost consciousness and died before the arrival of the medics."
It's not known whether the alleged tablet-eating contributed to his demise.
The Moscow Times ran a report along similar lines, quoting the Interior Ministry. One should therefore imagine that the story has some truth to it. The police are reportedly conducting an investigation into what happened, and they say the officer who tried to help the man was injured.
The Sputnik News cannot help but add: "It is unknown whether the deadly device was Android or Apple."
Whichever it might have been, please don't try this at home or anywhere.