Mystique actress Jennifer Lawrence's three-movie X-Men deal with Fox ends with this month's "X-Men: Apocalypse." The same is true for Michael Fassbender (Magneto), James McAvoy (Professor X), and Nicholas Hoult (Beast) -- but would they come back for a fourth movie?
Lawrence told Entertainment Weekly that the four of them got together and apparently agreed that each would only come back if the others agreed to.
"Fassbender and McAvoy and I were all talking," she said. "Like, 'Will you come back?' 'I dunno.' 'I'll come back, if you come back.' Fox should be terrified because the deal we made was like if one of us doesn't come back, none of us are."
Whether or not they hold to that unofficial agreement remains to be seen. Whatever the case, Lawrence said she would "love" to play Mystique again, though the in-demand actress also said she's somewhat wary of committing to anything.
"I love the fans and I love the character. But then you realize how important your year is, like how important three months out of your year is," she said. "I don't know. I shouldn't be that honest."
Apocalypse opens on May 27. Just recently, Fox released an '80s-style recruitment infomercial to promote the movie.
GameSpot's review of X-Men: Apocalypse said that it "contains enough action, suspense, heartbreak, and excitement to keep you hooked. The movie juggles a lot of characters, and many don't get the time to be fully explored or utilized, but the movie never fails to keep you entertained for its entire running time thanks to the action and heart of the protagonists."
You can check out more of GameSpot's X-Men coverage through the links below:
- 'X-Men Apocalypse': Watch Professor X shave his head while Patrick Stewart watches
- Latest 'X-Men: Apocalypse' featurette reveals the destructive power of its villain
- Watch 'X-Men: Apocalypse' viral teaser for vintage TV documentary
- Final 'X-Men: Apocalypse' trailer teases return of Wolverine
- 'Violent' Wolverine 3 begins production, producer confirms R-rating
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' producer teases post-credit sequence
- New 'X-Men: Apocalypse' clip shows Magneto's tragic story