Telstra today has begun pushing an update to owners of the HTC Velocity 4G, upgrading the firmware on the device to.
The update also refreshes the version of HTC Sense user interface (UI) installed on the handset, from 3.5 to 3.6, and brings a number of changes to the layout of the UI in line with the design language of Google's ICS update.
According to Telstra's Exchange blog, the update includes the following features and enhancements:
- Rich HTC widgets and camera improvements
- Calendar app with additional feeds from weather, Facebook and tasks
- More powerful browsing, including:
- Text reflow (text is automatically wrapped on a web page to any zoom level)
- Phone number detection in web pages making it easier to initiate calls
- Geo data (ie, addresses, locations) detection in web pages making it easier to navigate
- Smooth scrolling/panning/zooming.
Owners of the Velocity should be notified over the next few days when the update is ready for their handset. Those wishing to speed up the process can manually request the update by going to the About Phone menu in the main phone settings, selecting Software Updates followed by Check Now.