- A sampling of green-tech news with quick commentary.
- The greenest laptop computers--MetaEfficient Reviews
It also listed the greenest desktop PCs this week.
- Suniva and Solon announce supply contract worth more than $500 million--press release
Big endorsement of solar start-up Suniva, which was from Georgia Tech earlier this year.
- Solar-powered case for iPhone 3G--Mobile Fun
Looks cool, but won't it make the device really hot?
- Clean tech: One sector is bucking global economic blues--WSJ.com
New numbers show big solar and second-generation biofuels still getting the most money. Dark clouds are the iffy IPO market and a potential drop in oil prices.
- National labs help DOE strive for zero-net energy commercial buildings--GreenBiz.com
Putting more meat into the goal of having zero-net buildings by 2025.
- The 10 wackiest Greentech ideas--Greentech Media
This is how you know we're in a period of creative foment.
- Hybrids gain a voice--Greentech Media
Lotus Engineering finds a way to make hybrids noisier, which may become a divisive issue.
- Nissan's Eco Pedal pushes for better mileage--Earth2Tech
In tandem with , Nissan said it will have Eco Pedal feature in cars in 2009, which shows drivers how to drive more fuel efficiently.
- Paris Hilton responds to McCain ad--Funny or Die
Poolside Paris Hilton creates a hybrid of John McCain's and Barack Obama's energy policies.
- Better batteries charge up--Technology Review
A reality check on EEStor, which claims a breakthrough in energy storage. It already has electric car maker Zenn and Lockheed-Martin as potential customers.