Technically Incorrect offers a slightly twisted take on the tech that's taken over our lives.
It's not, apparently, just the Samsung Galaxy Note 7.
All sorts of gadgets have the potential to blow up when and where you least expect it.
The latest incident comes from Grand Central Terminal in New York. As CNN reports, the scene unfolded in the Central Cellars Wine and Spirits store.
Security video shows that Wednesday was another normal day at the store. There's one customer. Three employees are chatting behind the counter.
Suddenly the pocket of one of the employees, Otis Gooding, endures an explosion. Flames and smoke can be seen gushing, as the other employees and the customer back away in fright.
Gooding's lawyer, Sanford Rubenstein, told CNN that an e-cigarette exploded and his client suffered third-degree burns which will require surgery.
It's unclear what sort of e-cigarette this might have been. However, this isn't the first time an e-cigarette has been associated with burning someone. Last year, a California woman was awarded $1.9 million after an e-cigarette she was charging exploded in her car.
In October of this year, four Washington and Oregon residents said they're suing both the manufacturers and the sellers of e-cigarettes that they claim caused serious burns and other injuries.
Just as with the Note 7, there seems no clarity as to why certain batteries blow up.
Samsung, after all, recalled its Note 7 once and claimed they were now certified safe before more incidents occurred with the supposedly safe phones. The phone was finally scrapped.
In the Grand Central incident, John Lee, one of Gooding's co-workers, told CNN that Gooding's e-cigarette had been customized "so you can change the voltage for high performances."
This performance seems to have been a little too high.