Available in the second quarter of 2018 for $250 (about £185 or AU$320), the dual-band router uses the McAfee Secure Home Platform, which automatically protects your network and devices.
The DIR-2680 includes:
- Setup via D-Link Wi-Fi app and remote management with McAfee app
- Parental controls, downloadable antivirus software and real-time threat monitoring
- McAfee's Global Threat Intelligence, which instantly blocks malware and malicious websites
- MU-MIMO for fast simultaneous connections to multiple devices
- Intel Home Wi-Fi Chipset, which allows 128 devices to connect at once
The extra security from an industry leader like McAfee is a big draw. You get a five-year license for parental controls and a two-year license for the McAfee software, which is better than most security routers. Keeping your devices and data secure is important today, so having a router like the DIR-2680 will give you a little extra peace of mind.
: We take a look at the smart home and appliance trends we expect to see this year.
: CNET's complete coverage of tech's biggest show.
reading•D-Link's McAfee-powered router makes security a top priority
Aug 17•Short Story Dispenser shows print is not dead
May 22•Ovie Smarterware lets Alexa manage your leftovers
Mar 20•Highly anticipated TCL 6 series Roku TV will ship May 1
Feb 8•The Lovebox is a better gift than flowers for Valentine's Day