It's been awhile since we've given away an e-reader, and we have a nice one on tap for you this week: the Iriver Story HD, which has the Google e-book store integrated into it.
The Story HD's key feature is its higher-resolution (768x1,024 pixels) e-ink display, which the company touts as the world's "highest-resolution 6-inch e-reader." While it's the same E Ink Pearl display that's in all the leading e-readers these days, the added resolution--Iriver says it has 63.8 percent more pixels--does provide for added detail in images and slightly sharper text. (Reader our full review).
So, how do you try to win this Iriver e-reader? Let us enumerate the basic rules. Please read carefully; there will be a test.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the "Join CNET" link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive one (1) Iriver Story HD e-reader with a retail value of $139.99.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the contest. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, October 31, at 12 p.m. ET.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 p.m. ET on October 31, 2011.for details.