Electronic Arts has updated Star Wars Battlefront's support site with a list of the most commonly reported problems as well as instructions for how to get your game back up and running smoothly.
Some of the known issues thus far include Xbox One players unable to join matchmaking, infinite loading screens, and poor performance on PC when using dual graphics cards, among other things. Some of the workarounds are as simple as restarting the game or system, while others involve applying updates.
In addition, if you're encountering lag or general connectivity problems with Battlefront, you should make sure the appropriate ports are opened. See the chart below for more.
The full lineup of Battlefront known issues and workarounds is below, with names and descriptions pulled from EA's website. We'll update this post as new information becomes available.
Xbox One players cannot join servers/matchmake
- We've fixed an issue causing problems with matchmaking or joining servers on Xbox One. If you're unable to matchmake or join servers on Xbox One, close your game and check for a game update. Once updated, you should be able to join servers normally.
Infinite server loading screen/Stuck at server "joining" screen (all platforms)
- If you get stuck while matchmaking, or encounter an infinite loading screen when connecting to a server, exit your game fully and try joining a game again.
"You are not allowed to access online features" error (all platforms)
- While there are many reasons you might see this error when trying to play your game, it could be due to playing on an underage, or child, account. Make sure you're playing on an account registered to a user of-age and try again.
Poor performance when running dual graphics cards (PC)
- A driver issue causes dual graphics card setups, such as Crossfire or SLI, to suffer performance drops. Graphics card manufacturers are working on a driver update for this issue. In the meantime, disable one graphics card to avoid performance problems.
- Open the Start/Windows menu then search for and click "Device Manager."
- Expand the Display Adapters pulldown menu.
- Right-click on the lower graphics card and select Disable.
- Click Yes on the pop-up window asking "Do you really want to disable it."
Remember to Enable your graphics card again after you're done playing.
Sudden disconnection from, or cannot connect to, server (PC)
- Stay connected and logged into Origin to avoid disconnection from servers you're playing on. If you disconnect from a server, make sure you're still logged into the Origin client.
Technical hang or game freeze (all)
- Restart your game.
Console is unable to find servers when exiting Rest/Suspend mode (all)
- Restart your console.
Game freezes after accepting a co-op invite while joining a multiplayer match (all)
- Restart your game.
PC Num-Pad keys do not work (PC)
- The Num-Pad on PC cannot be used for any keybindings.
Joysticks do not work (all)
- Joysticks cannot be used.
PC Third-Party messaging software causing the game screen to go black (PC)
- Tab out of the game, or interact within the invasive app screen, to fix the issue.
Battlefront launched today, November 17. GameSpot's review scored it a 7/10.
"Star Wars Battlefront brings grand spectacle to the iconic sci-fi universe, but the overall experience wears thin with time," critic Mike Mahardy wrote.
For more on Battlefront's critical reception, check out this roundup of review scores and editor opinions.