Say, for the sake of argument, you haven't done all of your holiday shopping yet. If you're in the market for gear from Apple, then you might want to consider the discounts the company is offering today.
Today is, after all, Black Friday, the massive consumer spending spree that puts the jingle in many a retailer's cash register. Why should Apple be any different? Aswith the , it can surely afford a few dollars off, here and there.
Apple's Black Friday discounts, which are in effect for today only, cover a range of Apple products and accessories, with one notable exception: the iPhone.
Here's a quick rundown of some of the bargains to be had:
- Macs: The magic number here is $101. That's how much you'll save on each of these items: the MacBook Air (today's starting price: $898), MacBook Pro (starting today at $1,098), and iMac (also starting at $1,098).
- iPad and iPod: The iPad 2 is marked down $41 to $458; the iPod Touch, down $21 to $178; and the iPod Nano, down $11 to $118.
- AirPort Express and Time Capsule: The AirPort Extreme Base Station is $158 today, down $21; the AirPort Express Base Station with 802.11n is $88, down $11; and the 2-terabyte Time Capsule is $278, down $21.
- Accessories: There are too many to list them all, but the discounted items here include the Apple Magic Mouse and Magic Trackpad, both down $11 to $58 apiece; the Bowers & Wilkins C5 In-Ear Headphones, down $51.95 to $128; and the Jambox by Jawbone Wireless Speaker, in red, down $51.95 to $148.
- Fashion items: Bargains include $101.95 off the Janine Notebook Carrying Case from Kate Spade New York, which lists at $398 today; $21.95 off the Michael Kors Wallet Clutch for iPhone 4S, listing at $58; and $10.95 off the Speck CandyShell for iPhone 4S, listing at $24.
reading•Apple's Black Friday: Discounts for Mac, iPad, and more
Apr 21•Apple is now replacing batteries for cheaper MacBook Pro laptops
Apr 21•2018 iPhone may cost half the price of an iPhone X
Apr 21•Google wants to kill SMS texting, Tim Cook says iPads and Macs aren't merging
Apr 20•Apple HomePod: Here are the apps you can use with your voice