Apple has released an update for iPhoto, which addresses a number of stability issues and problems with photo and library management. In addition it offers new e-mail-related options including mailing with alternative e-mail clients, more resizing options when e-mailing photos, and new "Classic" and "Journal" themes for e-mails.
The update is available via Software Update, but can also be downloaded as a 62.09MB installer from the iPhoto 9.1.1 update page. In addition to the updates mentioned above, the specifics included in this update are:
- Photos attached to an e-mail can now be sized to small, medium, or large
- Improves reliability when upgrading a library from an earlier version of iPhoto
- iPhoto now correctly preserves the sort order of Events after upgrading a library
- Event titles displayed in headers can now be edited in Photos view
- Addresses a problem that could cause duplicate photos to be added to a MobileMe album
- Scrolling overlay now correctly displays ratings when photos are sorted by rating
- Photos are now sorted correctly when a rating is changed and photos are sorted by rating
- Fixes a problem that could cause text formatting controls to become inaccessible when editing a calendar
Be sure you fully back up your iPhoto library before applying this update, and additionally have a restorable backup of your entire system (i.e., Time Machine or a clone) that can be used to revert your system back to its current working state in the event of an error.