The 2017 iPhone cohort is here, which means it's the second-best day of the year for Apple fans.
The best day of the year, of course, is yet to come. It's the day the newest iPhones become available, which isn't until Sept. 22 (although you can preorder from Sept. 15).
It's set to be kind of like Christmas, except rather than getting gifts for our friends and family, we're more likely to be buying one particular gift for ourselves. And even as treat yo'self days go, this one will be extremely expensive.
The, the smallest of the three new Apple devices, will start at £699 for the 64GB model, or £33.56 per month. For the more capacious 256GB model, you'll have to part with either £849 or £40.75 per month.
If you want to upgrade to the 5.5-inch display on the, you'll have to splash out even more. The 64GB phone will cost £799 or £38.35 per month, and the 256GB model is priced at £949 or £45.55 per month.
And the? Apple's most sophisticated phone yet will cost you a cool £999 for the 64GB iteration, or £47.95 per month. If you think that's pricey, look away now, for the 256GB model will be £1,149 or £55.15 per month.
These are all Apple's official prices, so read on for pricing from individual networks.
- Three is asking for an up front payment of £79 for both the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus on a 24-month contract.
- Data packages for the iPhone 8 start at £55 per month for the iPhone 8 64GB model, which nets you 12GB of data. The price rises to £65 per month for 100GB of data. The 256GB model costs £70 per month for 30GB of data.
- Data packages for the 64GB iPhone 8 Plus start at £60 per month for 12GB of data, rising to £70 per month for 100GB of data. The 256GB model also costs £70 per month, but for that you only get 12GB of data.
- Pre-orders for the iPhone X will open on October 27.
- The 64GB iPhone 8 Plus is £50 up front and £58 per month for an 8GB monthly data allowance. The iPhone 8 Plus costs £5 more per month with the same up front price for the same amount of data.
- The 256GB iPhone 8 starts at £80 up front and £63 per month, also for 8GB of data. The 256GB iPhone 8 Plus is £73 per month, plus £80 up front, including a 25GB monthly data allowance.
- EE is also offering special launch offers for the iPhone 8 to be taken up by November 2. On the 64GB model it is offering 100GB for the price of 25GB on a £68 per month plan, plus £10 up front. Customers who take up this special offer will also enjoy a new iPhone every single year with EE Annual Upgrade.
- The same offer is available for the 256GB iPhone 8, but will cost £73 per month, plus £40 up front.
- O2 is offering the 64GB iPhone on plans starting at £63 per month with a £20 up front cost for 20GB of data. The 256GB model will cost £30 up front and £69 per month for the same data allowance.
- The iPhone 8 Plus will cost £30 up front and £67 per month for a 20GB data allowance. The 256GB will also set you back £30 up front, and then cost £73 per month.
- O2 is also offering all iPhone customers on a 20GB data plan a free screen replacement and is giving 10GB of monthly data for 24 months to existing customers.
- Vodafone deals start at £70 up front cost and £48 per month for the iPhone 8 for a 1GB monthly data allowance. For the 256GB model this jumps to £200 up front and £52 per month for the same amount of data.
- The 64GB iPhone 8 Plus on 1GB plan costs £180 up front and then £52 per month. The 256GB model costs £150 up front and then £56 per month on the same plan.
- All customers who buy an iPhone, new or older model, on a monthly plan of 8GB or above before November 13 will receive an additional 10GB of data per month.
- Vodafone is also offering a 24-month extended warranty to every customer buying an iPhone 8 or 8 Plus before November 13 at no extra cost.
- Customers will be able to pre-order the iPhone X from October 27 on contracts starting at £68 per month.
We'll update this article with further details and additional network plans as and when we get them through.
Apple: Everything announced at the tech giant's iPhone X event and more.
Special Reports: CNET's in-depth features in one place.
reading•Here's how much the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus cost in the UK
Mar 17•Apple event set for March 27, Microsoft creates new division
Mar 16•Apple event on March 27 to focus on education
Mar 16•Apple imagines a world where you unlock everything with your face
Mar 16•How to listen to TV in a noisy room