For this season's round of giveaways, we'll start it off with the Kindle Paperwhite. After being named "the classic beach device," this thing almost handled itself in the face of turmoil. While the sun, heat, and lava rock were mostly a breeze, the at the hands of the Pacific Ocean. If a lucky new owner can somehow get the thing working again, we'd love to see it live long enough to pump out one more good read.
While the Samsung Galaxy S4 had a bit more trouble in one of the most intense torture tests we've dished out yet, there's a possibility the phone's fixable. The near frozen waters of Gore Creek didn't seem to be a problem for the S4, straying from the usual effect H2O has on gadgets. However, if you plan on rock climbing or mountain biking, you must handle the device with care. But hey, maybe after a new screen and some home workshop tinkering, you will be the proud new owner of one of the best smartphones on the market.
Last up for this week's sweepstakes, we're straying a bit from our usual "tortured devices" spiel. Yep, we're giving away two slightly used fitness bands that work just like they should after an unboxing, a week of wear, and a. The and are begging to get out of the office, find a new wrist, and start tracking away. Molly and Jeff were even kind enough to wash them for you.
We're sure you guys are familiar with the rules, but in case you needed a reminder, here they are:
- Register as a CNET user. Click the Join CNET link at the top of this page to start the registration process. If you're already registered, you don't need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. The comment can say anything you like -- funny, cute, mean (hopefully not mean), but we prefer entertaining. It doesn't really matter, but it's fun for everyone.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified. Sorry. And most importantly:
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive one (1) tortured Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, originally worth $120, one (1) tortured Samsung Galaxy S4, originally worth $680, one (1) road-tested Fitbit Flex, originally worth $100, or one road-tested (1) Jawbone Up, originally worth $130.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until 12 p.m. ET on July 8, 2013.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. You have not yet won. Must be legal resident of one of the 50 United States or D.C., 18 years old or age of majority, whichever is older in your state of residence at date of entry into sweepstakes. Void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and possessions and where prohibited by law. Sweepstakes ends at 12 p.m. ET on July 8, 2013. Seefor details.