While CES is a fantastic springboard for all sorts of weird and wonderful gadgets, it's been years since a phone of any significance debuted here.
2018's show brought the usual haul of new colors, phones that were out in other markets now announced for the US, niche devices and midrange models. Phone makers also used CES to unveil their strategy for the year, including their intentions to grow brand awareness in the US through carrier agreements or consumer campaigns.
We'll have to wait for February's Mobile World Congress to see which flashy new models buyers will drool over in the next year.
The biggest phone news at CES
- It hopes that enlisting "Wonder Woman" actress Gal Gadot will
- OnePlus will look into
- Samsung rival LG is shaking up the way it launches phones, which puts a question mark over a new "G" flagship next month
- Huawei's Honor brand offshoot plans to break into the US -- could it accomplish what Huawei did not?
The most interesting technologies
- The first-ever
- Powermat demoed technology that could double wireless charging speeds
- This laptop concept from Razer
- Rugged phone maker Cat's S41 uses its absolutely enormous battery
- A new Moto Mod will
New handsets and colors
- Alcatel shows off sneak peek at
- BlackBerry KeyOne will now
- LG V30 in
Previously announced phones now coming to the US
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro
reading•All the phone news from CES 2018 in one place
Aug 17•Short Story Dispenser shows print is not dead
May 22•Ovie Smarterware lets Alexa manage your leftovers
Mar 20•Highly anticipated TCL 6 series Roku TV will ship May 1
Feb 8•The Lovebox is a better gift than flowers for Valentine's Day