Did you hear? Apple announced.
Yes, the news of the new iPhones and Apple Watch dominated the news cycle -- but it wasn't the only thing that happened in the tech world today.
So, no matter which side of the done better and earlier in Android -- here are the biggest stories that were drowned out by the news in Cupertino.you're on -- whether you delightedly keep the iBlinders on, or you think Apple is just dressing up features already
- - Has Amazon just snuffed out one of the biggest reasons to buy a Kindle Fire Phone or tablet? Possibly. But for the rest of us, Amazon just became an even better cross-platform streaming video solution.
- - Speaking at CTIA/Super Mobility Week in Las Vegas, FCC chairman Tom Wheeler tells the industry not to expect a free ride on any of the major issues his agency is now considering, including megamergers, Net neutrality, and the upcoming incentive wireless auction.
- - Android privacy and security app Disconnect Mobile finds itself on the outside of Google Play looking in -- for the second time in three weeks.
- - Debuting today, the new sports coupe is as wide and low-slung as ever, but features a new look that is simpler and more in-line with the automaker's latest models.
- - Dutch manufacturer Donkervoort puts an aggressive spin on the old Lotus Seven design to deliver a car that can put many super cars to shame.
- - To try to keep medium-format photographers loyal to the brand, Hasselblad introduces a new camera body with modernized focusing.
- Jawbone Up24 update doubles battery life - Not only has a new firmware update for the Up24 fitness tracker significantly improved battery life, Jawbone has opened the software to data from rival devices.
- - The minds behind Halo, one of the most successful game franchises ever made, hope to strike it again with a massive new game being bankrolled in part by Activision Blizzard.
- - In other big video game news, The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Microsoft may be about to buy Mojang, publisher of the megasuccessful Minecraft franchise.
Looking for even more? Check out CNET News for the latest.
reading•All the non-Apple news you missed on Apple Day
Dec 22•iPhone X power in a friendly, familiar package
Nov 3•iPhone X goes on sale, bringing out the true Apple superfans
Nov 3•Apple opens its doors for world's first iPhone X sales
Nov 2•Apple fans finally get hands on with the iPhone X