I like to outsource my memory to my phone as much as I can, in part because it's convenient and in part because my brain's default backup options are somewhat limited. Still, now and then an important task or reminder floats past me if I miss a notification. Toastr bypasses this problem by delivering floating messages every time you unlock your device. Here's how to use it:
- Install the Toastr app here.
- Run the app.
- Add a message to float as a reminder when you unlock your phone.
- Choose whether it should float for 1.5 seconds or 3 seconds.
- There's a Pro version, which costs 99 cents; the Pro version lets you change position, color, etc.
- Click "Start toastr" and you're good to go.
- Now when you unlock your device, your message will appear as a reminder. To change the message or stop the pop-ups, just restart Toastr and make your changes.
That's it! Toastr is a simple, lightweight app that can be great for keeping certain tasks fresh in your mind.
If you want to outsource your memory, too, here are some additional tools to make it happen:
(Via Addictive Tips)