Each time you send an emoji, you're probably opening the menu and selecting it manually. But did you know there's a faster way to do this? Here's how:
Emojis can be assigned text labels that make it super quick to add them into any conversation.
- Head to Settings > General, then look for Keyboard.
- Tap Text replacement, then the Add button.
- Select an emoji as the phrase and give it a personalized shortcut label.
When you want to use it, just type the label and it will insert automatically.
Although the Android mobile operating system doesn't have a direct way to map emojis and words together, you can use a third-party keyboard like SwiftKey to help you access them a bit faster. You can't map them to your phrases of choice, but when you type a word that corresponds with a supported emoji, it will appear as an autocomplete suggestion. To make sure this feature is enabled:
- Open the SwiftKey settings menu, then head to Typing.
- Choose Typing & Autocorrect, check the box next to Emoji predictions.