We have been exploring iPhone OS 3.0 for nearly a month and continue to discover new features, so when we recently stumbled across a productivity boosting MobileMe news post about searching your MobileMe Mail on an iPhone or iPod Touch, we had to share.
According to Apple, iPhone OS 3.0 gives your iPhone and iPod Touch the ability to search messages stored on the MobileMe cloud (server). The process works like this:
- Select your in-box or another folder belonging to your MobileMe account.
- Flick scroll to the top of the screen to reveal the search field.
- Tap the status bar at the top to reveal the search field.
- Enter the text you want to search for (i.e. AT).
- Tap the From, To, Subject or all to search those particular areas
The search will then reveal the messages that match locally on your iPhone or iPod Touch. If you then tap "Continue Search on Server," your iPhone will reveal any remaining messages stored in the MobileMe cloud.
Have you discovered other interesting features in iPhone OS 3.0? Share your discoveries or your favorites with everyone by leaving a comment.