If you happen to own a couple ofspeakers, you can now place them in the same room and create a stereo pair. While it's a simple process, it's not quite as intuitive as you might think if you don't know where to look. With that in mind, here's a short step-by-step setup guide.
- For starters, you'll need an iPhone (£1,149 at Apple), or iPad (£429 at Amazon.co.uk) with or higher installed, so update your device to the most current iOS if you haven't already.
- Make sure your HomePod is updated to iOS 11.4 or higher. You can check to see if an update is available in Apple's Home app, where your speakers will appear.
- Using the Home app, make sure both speakers are in the same room.
- Click on the Room type (i.e., Living Room) in the Home app to change the room type.
- In the Home app, press and hold the HomePod icon, then tap Details.
- Tap on "Create Stereo Pair."
- Select a second HomePod to link them together.
- Tap Back, then Done -- and you're done.
- If you want to unlink the speakers, go into the Home app and tap Ungroup.
If you don't like our instructions, you can always try Apple's here.