For as long as I've owned my AirPods, I've used them with iOS and Android phones. One issue I've always had when using Apple's wireless earbuds with an Android phone is really low volume levels, particularly when listening to podcasts. Even at full volume, I would often struggle to hear it, especially when in noisy environments.
What was even more confusing was that in some apps, such as Google Play Music, the volume level was just fine.
I had always assumed this is just one of the downsides of using AirPods with a platform, Android, they weren't truly designed for.
Here's what you need to do to fix low volume issues with Apple's AirPods and Android:
- Open Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap on System.
- Locate Build Number (may be located under About Phone).
- Tap on Build Number seven times, after which you will see an alert congratulating you for being a developer.
- Go back to Either the main Settings page or the System page and look for Developer Options and tap on it.
- Scroll down and find Disable Absolute Volume and turn the switch to the On position.
Boom, your volume issues are now fixed.
Apple - USE TAG
reading•How to fix low volume issues when using AirPods on Android
Nov 19•Black Friday 2018 smart home deals: Google Home Hub, Facebook Portal, Apple HomePod, Alexa gadgets and more
Nov 19•Apple's Tim Cook on tech regulation, former Facebook exec speaks out on security
Nov 19•Black Friday 2018 iPhone deals: iPhone XR, XS for $150 off, free $400 iPhone X gift card
Nov 19•How Amazon's deal with Apple puts the hurt on small sellers