The quick setting tiles in the notification shade on Android 6.0 Marshmallow let you easily toggle Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and several other features.
Depending on the device you're using, some of these toggles may not be useful to you. Thankfully, you can customize them, but you'll need to enable the System UI Tuner first.
To enable the System UI Tuner:
- Fully expand the notification shade (swipe down twice), press and hold on the Settings cog, then release after a few seconds.
- The device Settings menu will load, along with an alert letting you know the System UI Tuner has been enabled.
To customize which tiles appear in the notification shade:
- Head to your Settings menu (the cog in the notification shade).
- Open System UI Tuner and select Quick settings.
- Tap and hold on tiles to rearrange them. Drag tiles you don't need to the trash can at the bottom.
- After deleting your first toggle tile, the icon at the bottom will change to a plus sign and let you add tiles back.
Now you can have whichever tiles you use most at your fingertips each time you open the notification shade.
Check out CNET's guide to Android 6.0 Marshmallow for more information on the newest features.