Oracle today delivered a strong second quarter and said its Exadata pipeline is nearing the $2 billion mark.
Oracle reported fiscal second-quarter earnings of $1.87 billion, or 37 cents a share, on revenue of $8.6 billion. Non-GAAP earnings were 51 cents a share. Wall Street was looking for earnings of 46 cents a share on revenue of $8.34 billion.
Among the key data points for the second quarter:
New software license revenue was up 21 percent to $2 billion.
- Software license updates and product support revenue was $3.6 billion, up 12 percent.
- Hardware system revenue was $1.1 billion.
- Database and middleware revenue was $3.86 billion, up 17 percent from a year ago.
- Applications revenue was $1.78 billion, up 12 percent. Of that sum, software license updates and product support revenue was $1.2 billion.
- The company ended the quarter with 105,730 employees.
Read more of "Oracle touts strong second quarter, Exadata pipeline" at ZDNet.