The retail giant said Monday it will launch a "Cyber Week" of online holiday deals beginning on Friday, the day that post-Thanksgiving Day shoppers typically flock to the retail store to slug it out over merchandise. Cyber Monday is traditionally the day office workers ignore their jobs to pick up some online deals, but Walmart said it's starting its online shopping push early out of popular demand.
"Three out of four customers tell us they want to shop cyber deals earlier, so after our Black Friday event in stores Thursday night, customers can continue to save as we kick off Cyber Week on Friday," Steve Breen, senior vice president of merchandising at Walmart, said in a statement.
The retail giant said it has also nearly tripled its number of products it's offering online this year, listing 23 million items compared with 8 million last year. Some of the Cyber Week deals Walmart shoppers can expect at 12:01 a.m. ET Friday:
- Samsung 60-inch 1080p HD Smart LED TV for $579 with $80 Walmart Gift Card ($1,120 savings)
- Google Home for $99 ($30 savings)
- Promark P70 VR Drone for $99 ($50 savings)
- Quadrone Hybrid Drone for $99 ($30 savings)
- bObsweep bObi Pet Robotic Vacuum Cleaner for $249 ($83 savings)
- Polaroid Cube+ Action Camera with WiFi for $109.99
Corrected at 8:40 a.m. PT A previous version of this story misreported when Walmart stores would be open on Thanksgiving. They will be open all day.