Facebook executives threw out lots of numbers during the company's earnings call today, showing the network's steady growth in users and how much money those users bring to Facebook.
The social network is now at 1.06 billion monthly active users. In addition to a 25 percent increase in monthly users from last year and a 28 percent rise in daily users, Facebook saw 57 percent growth in mobile monthly users. Facebook didn't say how many daily active users on mobile it had, but did say that, for the first time, this number exceeded the number of people using it on desktops on a daily basis.
The social network reached 1 billion monthly active users in September. In addition to the membership milestone, Facebook said that last year it logged 1.13 trillion "likes," 219 billion photos uploaded, and had 604 million mobile users.
Here are some of the figures Facebook released today:
• 1.06 billion monthly active users (MAU) as of December 31, 2012
• 618 million daily active users (DAU) for December 2012
• 680 million mobile MAUs as of December 31
• $1.58 billion in revenue for the last quarter
• $5.32 in average revenue per user in 2012
See more in the slides below.
Facebook Q4 2012 Investor Slide Deck