has finally arrived. The latest version of Apple's operating system for Macs launched at 10 a.m. PT on . Monterey arrived alongside upgrades to , including and . The Monterey OS also adds several of the new features found in , like and Apple's Focus feature, although we're still waiting for .
Here are some of ourfrom Monterey, also known as MacOS 12. And in case you missed , you can read about the and , plus the that are pushing Intel out of Apple computers.
How do I download and install MacOS Monterey?
1. Make sure your.
2., just to be safe. You don't want to risk losing everything when you upgrade.
3. On your Mac, go to System Preferences > Software Update and find MacOS Big Monterey. Click Upgrade Now. The download will start immediately, but may take while.
Once you download and install the update and restart your computer, you'll be running on MacOS Monterey.
How do I download and install the MacOS Monterey public beta?
You no longer need to follow these steps to run MacOS Monterey. But if you like having hands-on previews, here's how to get future MacOS public beta versions on your machine. Note: You should never download a beta version on your primary device, as they're often buggy -- we recommend only doing so if you have a separate tester device available.
1., just to be safe.
2. On your Mac, go to beta.apple.com.
3. Sign in with your Apple ID and select MacOS from the list of programs.
4. In the Getting Started section, click Enroll your Mac.
5. On the next page, click on the blue button with the beta version you're looking for.
6. Open the downloaded file and follow the prompts.
7. After the utility is installed, check for a software update using the update tool in System Preferences and then follow the prompts to download and install it.
Once you restart your computer, you'll be running on the latest beta.
For more, check out. We've also got instructions for how to .