The Cleveland Browns enter Week 4 with a 2-1 record after knocking off bitter rivals the Steelers last week. They'll look to stay atop the AFC North with a win on the road against the Atlanta Falcons, who beat the Seahawks last week for their first win of the year. The Browns may be without their best defender, Myles Garrett, who suffered minor injuries in a car accident earlier this week. The Browns will have the league's leading rusher in the lineup in the incomparable Nick Chubb. For the Falcons, they'll look to keep getting the ball in the hands of rookie wide receiver Drake London when they aren't handing the ball off to Cordarrelle Patterson, the league's third-leading rusher after three weeks. The Browns and Falcons kick off in Atlanta at 1 p.m. ET (10 a.m. PT) on CBS.
The game will be shown on CBS in the Cleveland and Atlanta areas (according to 506 Sports) on services, but there may be cases where you're blocked because of an internet location glitch or just want an added layer of . There is an option that doesn't require subscribing to something like or , or searching the internet for a sketchy website: You can use a virtual private network, or .
Here's how you can watch the game from anywhere in the US with a VPN.
Browns vs. Falcons: When and where?
For Week 4 of the NFL season, the Falcons are hosting the Browns at 1 p.m. ET (10 a.m. PT). The game is set to take place in Atlanta at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
How to watch the Browns vs. Falcons game online from anywhere using a VPN
If you find yourself unable to view the game locally due to, you may need a different way to watch the game and that's where using a VPN can come in handy. A VPN is also the best way to stop your ISP from throttling your speeds on game day by encrypting your traffic, plus it's a great idea for when you're traveling and find yourself connected to a Wi-Fi network, and you want to add an extra layer of privacy for your devices and logins.
With a VPN, you're able to virtually change your location on your phone, tablet or laptop to get access to the game. So if your internet provider or mobile carrier has stuck you with an IP address that incorrectly shows your location in a blackout zone, a VPN can correct that problem by giving you an IP address in your correct, nonblackout area. Most VPNs, like our, make it really easy to do this.
Using a VPN to watch or stream sports is legal in any country where VPNs are legal, including the US and Canada, as long as you've got a legitimate subscription to the service you're streaming. You should be sure your VPN is set up correctly to prevent leaks: Even where VPNs are legal, the streaming service may terminate the account of anyone it deems to be circumventing correctly applied blackout restrictions.
Looking for other options? Be sure to check out some of the other greattaking place right now.
ExpressVPN is our current best VPN pick for people who want a reliable and safe VPN, and it works on a variety of devices. It's normally $13 per month, and you can sign up for ExpressVPN and save 49% plus get three months of access for free -- the equivalent of $6.67 per month -- if you get an annual subscription.
Note that ExpressVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Livestream the Browns vs. Falcons game in the US
This week's Browns vs. Falcons game is on CBS, so in addition to a VPN you'll need athat carries a local CBS affiliate that is broadcasting the game. The least expensive such service is Paramount Plus. You'll need to be subscribed to Paramount Plus' Essential or Premium plans to be able to watch the game (or an older "limited commercials" plan), and you'll need to switch your VPN to the Atlanta area.
Paramount Plus has two main options: Essential for $5 per month ($50 per year if paying annually) and Premium for $10 per month ($100 per year if paying annually). Both offer live NFL games, though the cheaper Essential option lacks live CBS feeds, ad-free content for on-demand streaming or the ability to download shows to watch offline later.
Since either option works for the NFL games, if all you want is football, the cheaper Essential option would be the way to go.
Numerous othercarry local CBS stations as well, namely YouTube TV, Hulu Plus Live TV, DirecTV Stream and FuboTV. They all cost more than Paramount Plus, but they also carry more channels, including football-specific channels like Fox, ESPN, NFL Network and/or RedZone. Check out our for details.
Quick tips for streaming Browns vs. Falcons using a VPN
- With four variables at play -- your ISP, browser, video streaming provider and VPN -- experience and success may vary.
- ExpressVPN offers a server in Atlanta, so that's where you should set your location.
- If you don't see your desired location as a default option for ExpressVPN, try using the "search for city or country" option.
- If you're having trouble getting the game after you've turned on your VPN and set it to the correct viewing area, there are two things you can try for a quick fix. First, log into your streaming service subscription account and make sure the address registered for the account is an address in the correct viewing area. If not, you may need to change the physical address on file with your account. Second, some smart TVs -- like Roku -- don't have VPN apps you can install directly on the device itself. Instead, you'll have to install the VPN on your router or the mobile hotspot you're using (like your phone) so that any device on its Wi-Fi network now appears in the correct viewing location.
- All of the VPN providers we recommend have helpful instructions on their main site for quickly installing the VPN on your router. In some cases with smart TV services, after you install a cable network's sports app, you'll be asked to verify a numeric code or click a link sent to your email address on file for your smart TV. This is where having a VPN on your router will also help, since both devices will appear to be in the correct location.
- And remember, browsers can often give away a location despite using a VPN, so be sure you're using a privacy-first browser to log into your services. We normally recommend .