This story is part of Samsung Event, CNET's collection of news, tips and advice around Samsung's most popular products.
At its first Unpacked event for 2020 , Samsung revealed the next generation of its ultrapopular flagship Galaxy phones, the S20, S20 Plus and the relatively mammoth S20 Ultra, as well as the new Galaxy Z Flip folding phone. The event took place in the shadow of coronavirus worries around the world.
As well as all the new phones, Samsung announced Galaxy owners will be getting a perk: bonus Netflix content on your phones!
Read: 8 Galaxy Z Flip features to try first
Samsung Galaxy S20 Unpacked event 2020See all photos
Galaxy Z Flip
Samsung's rumored rival for the new Motorola Razr is now official, bringing last century's clamshell flip phone up to date with dual screens. It hardly comes as a surprise, though, as Samsung first revealed it during the 2020 Oscars. Prices start at $1,380 (£1,300 or about AU$2,500 converted).
- With the Galaxy Z Flip, Samsung looks for its foldable do-over
- Samsung's new foldable Z Flip has something the Razr doesn't: A bendable glass screen
- Galaxy Z Flip phone: 6.7-inch display, available Feb. 14, costs $1,380
- Galaxy S20 and Galaxy Z Flip: How to preorder Samsung's new phones
- Samsung says Z Flip will last over 200,000 folds without breaking
- Galaxy Z Flip phone vs. Galaxy Fold: How do Samsung's two foldable phones compare?
Galaxy S20, S20 Plus and S20 Ultra
While less buzzy than the Z Flip, Samsung's ultrapopular Galaxy phones get their annual refresh. This time, though, there's a new big phone on the block -- the Galaxy S20 Ultra, which steps into the Note 10 Plus' size turf at almost 7 inches. It adds another camera and some new photo smarts. There's also a 120Hz OLED display (along with an ongoing partnership with Xbox Game Studios for mobile gaming) and support for two 5G standards, among other things. The 5G models start at $999 (£799, AU$1,349) and will be available March 6. And the S10s are getting price drops!
- With Galaxy S20, Samsung takes the lead in 5G, zoom cameras, 8K, 120Hz and more
- Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20 Plus and S20 Ultra specs: What's new and what's different?
- The Galaxy S20 is here but the smart money is on the newly discounted S10
Galaxy Buds Plus are improved on the insideSee all photos
Samsung also offered up a refreshed version of its Galaxy Buds. The "Plus" in Galaxy Buds Plus refers to its improved battery life and extra microphone. Still no noise cancellation, though.