isn't letting slow down its the US blacklisting
plans, it seems. Ren Zhengfei, the 's founder and CEO, said the company is controversial Chinese telecom already producing next-generation wireless base stations without American parts, according to Reuters.
After testing in August and September, Huawei will make 5,000 stations a month from October, Ren reportedly said. The company apparently intends to produce around 1.5 million stations in 2020.
Watch this: What is going on between Huawei and the US?
Huawei's role in the global 5G market has been thrown into question since the US Commerce Department
in May, following an blacklisted it from the country's communications networks. Huawei has been a target of US lawmakers over concerns about its executive order from President Donald Trump that effectively banned it and fears that its equipment could be used to links with the Chinese government spy on other countries and companies.
A Norwegian cabinet minister on Tuesday told Reuters that the country
doesn't plan to block Huawei from its 5G network, even though the US previously to do so. pressured its European allies
The blacklisting impacted Huawei's
, which it launched last week in Germany. The premium phones will continue to use Google's Android operating system, but Mate 30 and Mate 30 Pro like previous Huawei phones did. won't ship with the American company's services or apps preinstalled
Earlier this month, Ren said Huawei is
his company's 5G technology with a Western buyer. His deal would let that buyer access Huawei's existing 5G patents, licenses, code, technical blueprints and production knowledge for a one-time fee. willing to share
Huawei didn't immediately respond to a request for further comment.
First published at 6:14 a.m. PT.
Updated at 6:50 a.m. PT: Adds more detail.
Watch this: Huawei unveils Mate 30 series phones