In case anybody forgot, Barnes & Noble is still in the e-reading game, and has announced a new e-reader -- the Nook GlowLight 3 ($120) -- just ahead of the holiday buying season. It's available for preorder now and ships on Nov. 8.
Last year Barnes & Noble released the, a fully waterproof model. The Nook GlowLight 3 looks more like the original Nook GlowLight and features a new front lighting scheme.
"This innovation allows users to read with a cool white light during the day, then manually or automatically switch to an 'Auto Night Mode,' providing a warmer orange tone for perfect bedtime reading," the company says.
We'll let you know how the new e-reader compares to Amazon'sas soon as we get our hands on a review sample. For now, here's a look at the GlowLight 3's key specs:
- 6-inch high-resolution 300-dpi screen with built-in glare-, scratch- and fingerprint-resistant lens
- Soft to the touch finish
- Read for up to 50 days on a single charge
- Physical page turning buttons
- Holds thousands of books (8GB memory: 2.5GB for NOOK Store content and side-loaded content)
- Wireless connectivity via Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n)