CNET's Cheapskate scours the Web for great deals on PCs, phones, gadgets and much more. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our.
If there's a cheapskate holy grail, it's getting rid of cable. Cutting the cord. Doing away with that heinous, high-priced monthly bill.
Of course, the tools and services you need to get started -- the scissors, if you will -- can end up costing a pretty penny. Or not, if you enter (and win) today's contest!
Let's call it the RCA Cord Cutter's Scissor Kit! The grand prize:
- An RCA HDTV antenna (your choice, based on where you live, as different models work better in different locations).
- A current-generation Roku 3 streaming box (the one with voice search).
- A $100 Netflix gift card.
That'll give you everything you need to tune in local stations, stream every service known to man, and enjoy a year's worth of arguably the best service known to man. Total value of that sweet prize bundle: around $250.
You also have a shot at one of two runner-up prizes: an RCA antenna and $100 Netflix gift card. All you have to do is hit the comments and name your favorite network show, the one that's going to come in crystal-clear once you connect that spiffy new antenna. While you're at it, why not vote in our poll?
- Register as a CNET user (by clicking "Join CNET" in the top-right corner of the page). If you're already registered, there's no need to register again -- you just need to be logged in.
- Go to the bottom of my blog post, click "Show Comments," then answer this question: "What's your favorite network show that you'll be tuning into with your new RCA antenna?" Then click Post Comment.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified. The winners will be chosen randomly.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via email. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Friday, September 4th at 11:59pm PST.
- Some legalese: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the US, 18 & older, and a Registered User of CNET.com. Void where prohibited. Ends at 11:59 PM PT on 09/04/15. See rules for details.