Nintendo has released a version 13.0.1 update for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. This marks the final balance patch the mascot fighting game will receive, although the company will continue to release bug fix updates in the future should issues arise.
As the Nintendo Versus Twitter account confirmed, the ver. 13.0.1 update includes Ultimate's final slate of fighter adjustments. The full list of changes can be found on Nintendo's support website.
Additionally, the ver. 13.0.1 update introduces support for the Metroid Dread Samus and EMMI Amiibo figures. You can receive their corresponding Spirits by scanning the figures while playing the game. The update has also made several unspecified fixes "to improve gameplay experience." You can read the full patch notes, taken from Nintendo's support website, below.
This balance patch arrives just a few weeks after the game's twelfth and final DLC character,, who was added alongside the last batch of Mii Fighter costumes in October's 13.0 update. Along with the fighter, a new stage -- Hollow Bastion -- and several music tracks taken from the Kingdom Hearts series were added.
Each of Smash Bros. Ultimate's DLC characters can be purchased individually for $6. Sora is also included in the $30 Fighters Pass Vol. 2 along with five other characters: Min Min from Arms, Steve from Minecraft, Sephiroth from Final Fantasy 7, Pyra/Mythra from Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and Kazuya from Tekken.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ver. 13.0.1 patch notes
- Game-balance adjustments have been made. Please see the details of fixes and changes to fighters.
- The Samus (Metroid Dread) & E.M.M.I. (Metroid Dread) amiibo are now supported.
- Note: If you go to amiibo in Games & More and tap these amiibo to the NFC area, you can receive their spirits.
- Note: Samus (Metroid Dread) can be used as a Figure Player (FP).
- Several issues have been fixed to improve gameplay experience.