Pokemon Go's current legendary Pokemon, Reshiram and Zekrom, are leaving the game again very soon. The two legendary dragons are appearing in five-star raid battles until Dec. 16, meaning you only have a little time left to catch them until the next time they return to the raid rotation.
If you're still looking for the legendaries, your best chance to capture them will happen tonight, Dec. 15, when Pokemon Go holds its weekly Raid Hour event. From 6-7 p.m. local time, more Reshiram and Zekrom raids will occur at gyms, giving you more opportunities to challenge the legendary dragons. Here are some tips to help you beat and catch Zekrom before it leaves the game tomorrow.
Zekrom is a dragon/electric Pokemon, which makes it weak to four types: ground, ice, fairy and other dragon Pokemon. Most Pokemon of those types will be useful when battling against Zekrom, but you can see some recommended monsters and moves to use below.
Best Zekrom counters
- Groudon: Mud Shot, Earthquake
- Garchomp: Mud Shot, Earth Power
- Excadrill: Mud-Slap, Earthquake
- Golurk: Mud-Slap, Earth Power
- Landorus: Mud Shot, Earth Power
- Jynx: Frost Breath, Avalanche
- Mamoswine: Powder Snow, Avalanche
- Glaceon: Frost Breath, Avalanche
- Mega Abomasnow: Powder Snow, Weather Ball
- Galarian Darmanitan: Ice Fang, Avalanche
- Dragonite: Dragon Tail, Draco Meteor
- Salamence: Dragon Tail, Outrage
- Rayquaza: Dragon Tail, Outrage
- Garchomp: Dragon Tail, Outrage
- Reshiram: Dragon Breath, Draco Meteor
- Clefable: Charm, Dazzling Gleam
- Alolan Ninetales: Charm, Dazzling Gleam
- Granbull: Charm, Play Rough
- Gardevoir: Charm, Dazzling Gleam
- Sylveon: Charm, Moonblast
Zekrom is one of the most powerful legendary electric Pokemon in the game, and you'll make the most of its typing by teaching it the Fast Attack Charge Beam and the Charged Attack Wild Charge. Alternatively, you can teach it the dragon-type attacks Dragon Breath and Outrage if you want to use it as a dragon counter, but keep in mind that it'll take super-effective damage in return when battling against other dragon Pokemon.
Zekrom and Reshiram are both appearing in raids until Dec. 16, when they'll be replaced by Kyurem. You can catch up on everything else happening in the game this month in our Pokemon Go December events roundup.