is wrapping up its Season of Alola in just a few days, which means time is running out to catch the Alola region's final island guardian. The legendary Pokemon Tapu Fini is appearing in five-star raids through the end of May, making this your last chance to get one in the game. Here are some tips to help you beat and capture Tapu Fini before it leaves the raid rotation.
Tapu Fini raid schedule
Tapu Fini will be Pokemon Go's sole five-star raid boss from May 10 to May 25. If you don't catch it by then, you'll have another chance to encounter Tapu Fini--along with the other three Alola island guardians--in raids from May 25 to June 1.
Tapu Fini weaknesses
Tapu Fini is a water/fairy Pokemon, which means it's vulnerable to three types: electric, grass and poison. Steel Pokemon are also a good choice to bring along to the raid. Although they won't deal super-effective damage to Tapu Fini thanks to its water typing, they will resist any fairy-type attacks the legendary Pokemon may know, helping them last longer in battle.
Best Tapu Fini counters
Here are some recommended Pokemon and moves to use against Tapu Fini:
- Zapdos: Thunder Shock, Thunderbolt
- Raikou: Thunder Shock, Wild Charge
- Electivire: Thunder Shock, Wild Charge
- Therian Forme Thundurus: Volt Switch, Thunderbolt
- Zekrom: Charge Beam, Wild Charge
- Mega Venusaur: Razor Leaf, Frenzy Plant
- Sceptile: Bullet Seed, Frenzy Plant
- Torterra: Razor Leaf, Frenzy Plant
- Tangrowth: Vine Whip, Solar Beam
- Chesnaught: Vine Whip, Solar Beam
- Mega Beedrill: Poison Jab, Sludge Bomb
- Roserade: Poison Jab, Sludge Bomb
- Muk: Poison Jab, Gunk Shot
- Vileplume: Acid, Sludge Bomb
- Nidoking: Poison Jab, Earth Power/Sludge Wave
Best moves for Tapu Fini
As mentioned, Tapu Fini is a water- and fairy-type Pokemon, so you'll want to teach it moves of those types if you want to use it in battle. Water Gun and Surf are the best choices when it comes to water attacks, but you can also replace the latter with Moonblast and make Tapu Fini more effective against dragon Pokemon.
There are still a few events happening in Pokemon Go this month, including the "Alola to Alola" season finale. You can catch up on everything else going on in the game over the next few days in our May events roundup.