Deoxys is back in
for a limited time. As part of the game's Season of Light, all four forms of the mythical Pokemon are appearing in five-star raids until Sep. 13, and each one has a chance of being shiny. Here are some tips to help you beat and catch Deoxys before it leaves the game again.
Deoxys Raid Hours
All four forms of Deoxys are returning to five-star raids from Sep. 1 to Sep. 13. As usual, you'll have more chances to encounter the mythical Pokemon during the game's Raid Hour event, which takes place every Wednesday evening from 6 to 7 p.m. local time. Deoxys Raid Hour will occur on Sep. 7, making that your best opportunity to battle and catch each form.
Regardless of which form it takes, Deoxys is a pure psychic-type Pokemon, so it has the same weaknesses to bug, dark and ghost types. You'll want to use Pokemon of those types when battling against any form of Deoxys.
Although they don't deal super-effective damage to the mythical Pokemon, steel types will resist Deoxys' psychic-type attacks, making them good defensive Pokemon to use if you need to round out your team.
Best Deoxys counters
Here are some recommended Pokemon and moves to use when battling against Deoxys:
- Mega Beedrill: Bug Bite, X-Scissor
- Pinsir: Bug Bite, X-Scissor
- Scizor: Fury Cutter, X-Scissor
- Escavalier: Bug Bite, Megahorn
- Genesect: Fury Cutter, X-Scissor
- Houndoom: Snarl, Crunch
- Tyranitar: Bite, Crunch
- Absol: Snarl, Dark Pulse
- Weavile: Snarl, Avalanche
- Bisharp: Snarl, Dark Pulse
- Darkrai: Snarl, Dark Pulse
- Zoroark: Snarl, Foul Play
- Gengar: Lick, Shadow Ball
- Banette: Hex, Shadow Ball
- Origin Forme Giratina: Shadow Claw, Shadow Ball
- Chandelure: Hex, Shadow Ball
Best moves for Deoxys
Deoxys is one of the most powerful Pokemon available in Pokemon Go, making it a great attacker. Since each of its four forms emphasizes a different stat, you'll want to teach them all different moves to maximize their potential. Here are some great attacks to give each form:
- Normal Forme: Zen Headbutt, Hyper Beam
- Attack Forme: Zen Headbutt, Zap Cannon
- Defense Forme: Counter, Thunderbolt
- Speed Forme: Zen Headbutt, Thunderbolt
Pokemon Go has a ton of other events lined up for September, including new Spotlight Hours and the Psychic Spectacular. You can see everything happening in the game this month in our September events roundup.
More on Pokemon Go