Microsoft Ignite, the company's big conference dedicated to IT, kicked off earlier today in Orlando, Florida. And that means a boatload of news about Windows, Office, Azure, Skype -- and everything else in Microsoft's arsenal that the company is targeting to business and enterprise customers.
Mixed reality -- what most others call augmented reality -- took center stage during CEO Satya Nadella's opening remarks. Nadella and his team highlightedin a shared environment that combines the real-world and virtual elements.
The other highlights of the show so far, from our colleagues at ZDNet:
- The Microsoft Graph is about to light up a new way for business users to search
- Microsoft takes its first steps of its plan to migrate Skype for Business users to Teams
- Microsoft adds new Microsoft 365 versions, plus security and management features
- More Windows 10 S PCs, starting at $275, are on the way
- Video: These are the top business tech stories from Microsoft Ignite
You can watch a replay of the opening keynote at Microsoft's Ignite site.
Editors' note, 8:12 a.m. PT: This story has been updated since its original publication with additional details and links.
: The next big free Windows upgrade hits on October 17
: Affordable Windows-compatible VR headsets are coming this fall from Acer, Asus, Dell, HP and Lenovo.