, Apple's latest Mac operating system, . The software, also known as MacOS 12, is included on the new laptops announced at -- both the and -- and is compatible with a variety of earlier Mac models as well. The new OS was first unveiled at Apple's in June and includes new features like , and a host of updates coming to like .
Whether you installed the MacOS Monterey public beta, or are planning to install the final version, you'll need to have a compatible device. And while thehas been full of confusion over , Apple's compatibility list is far more straightforward.
Will my Mac run MacOS Monterey?
Here are all the models of Macs that can run MacOS Monterey,:
- MacBook, early 2016 and later
- MacBook Air, early 2015 and later
- MacBook Pro, early 2015 and later
- Mac Pro, late 2013 and later
- Mac Mini, late 2014 and later
- iMac, late 2015 and later
- iMac Pro, 2017 and later
As our sister site ZDNet notes, that means that the following Macs will not be able to update to anything beyond :
- iMac, mid- and late 2014 and early 2015
- MacBook Air, mid-2013 and early 2014
- MacBook Pro, late 2013 and mid-2014
- MacBook, early 2015
For more, check outand . You can also take a look at the and see .