CNET's Cheapskate scours the Web for great deals on PCs, phones, gadgets and much more. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our FAQ page. And find more great buys on the CNET Deals page.
Greetings, cheeps! I'm off-duty this week, but that won't stop me from keeping the cool stuff coming -- starting with this killer contest. (Just to clarify, you may see a day or two this week without a new deal. I know, I know, but it'll be OK. Think of the money you'll save!)
Olio may not be the best-known smartwatch brand, but I suspect after seeing the company's products, you'll be more than happy to win one. Because droooooool....
Here's what's on the menu for three lucky winners:
- First place: Black link watch (retail $795)
- Second place: Steel link watch (retail $645)
- Third place: Steel with brown leather watch (retail $595)
What's so special about Olio's watches? If you have eyes, you already know: they're gorgeous. They're made of steel, water-resistant to 50 meters, able to charge wirelessly and compatible with both Android and iOS. Most watches that boast that last feature rely on Android Wear, but Olio uses a custom OS. I wish I could say I've had the chance to test it, but my review unit must have gotten lost in the mail, ahem.
So, how do you enter? Simple: Hit the comments and tell me what you're most looking for in a connected timepiece. (Regular readers know my answer: notifications!) Then scroll down and vote in our poll. Full rules follow -- good luck!
How to enter:
- Register as a CNET user (by clicking Join CNET in the top-right corner of the page). If you're already registered, there's no need to register again -- you just need to be logged in.
- Go to the bottom of my blog post, click Show Comments, then answer this question: "What are you most looking for in a connected timepiece?" Then click Post Comment.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified. The winners will be chosen randomly.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via email. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Friday, February 19, at 11:59 p.m. PT.
- *Some legalese: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the US, 18 and older, and a registered user of CNET.com. Void where prohibited. Ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on 02/19/16. See rules for details.