Congrats to Alex V. of Manhattan for winning an Oral-B Black 7000 electric toothbrush, with Bluetooth, last week.
It feels like virtual reality is nearly here. The Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and Sony PlayStation VR headsets are some of the most anticipated tech of 2016, and I can't wait to share them with you. I'd do it right now -- if I'd been sneaky enough to steal one after those companies showed them to me.
Instead, this week's Crave giveaway features the next best thing: a big bag of exclusive swag I've collected from every major virtual-reality event and demo over the past year or so. There are loads of goodies in here, including bags, shirts, pins and even a cute 3D-printed statuette that a designer created inside the Microsoft HoloLens mixed-reality visor itself.
Here's a list of all the cool stuff you'll get. It's like a walk through VR history.
- An Oculus Connect messenger bag, T-shirt and commemorative pins from the first Oculus Connect developer conference last year
- A super cute 3D-printed Microsoft HoloLens statuette actually created by a designer using the HoloLens headset and handed out to journalists during the HoloLens reveal this January
- A very nice HoloLens zippered hoodie, from when Microsoft helped me build a HoloLens app at the Holo Academy Experience in April
- A Holo Academy Experience badge and lanyard, which I'm pretty sure I was supposed to return
- A Google Cardboard v.2 VR viewer handed out at Google I/O 2015 in May
- A Silicon Valley Virtual Reality bag and commemorative pins from the SVVR expo in May
- A "UNSC Spartan Optic Calibration" badge and Halo 5 lanyard from the Microsoft HoloLens Halo experience at E3 2015 in June
- A USB thumbdrive disguised as a Cortana Chip from Halo, which I pulled out of a futuristic computer terminal inside the Microsoft HoloLens Halo experience at E3
- A Google Cardboard v.1 VR viewer handed out by OnePlus for the world's first product launch in virtual reality, in July
- A pretty nice OnePlus backpack
- A pretty mediocre OnePlus miniature flying drone
- A copy of the August 17, 2015, issue of Time magazine, featuring Oculus founder Palmer Luckey in the infamous pose that inspired countless hilarious photoshops
- A limited-edition Star Wars: The Force Awakens Google Cardboard VR viewer featuring adorable rolling droid BB-8, from December
- An EVE: Valkyrie T-shirt from December, after I played about an hour of that super awesome game
- Possibly a few other odds and ends
How do you win this swag bag worth approximately $315? Just follow these simple rules and hope for the best. It's easy!
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the "Join CNET" link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive one (1) virtual-reality swag bag with an approximate retail value of $315.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via email. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until December 21, 12:00 p.m. ET.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. DATA RATES MAY APPLY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OLD OR AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN YOUR STATE OF RESIDENCE AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 p.m. ET on Monday, December 21, 2015. See official rules for details.
(And be sure to follow Crave on Twitter at @crave; some of our giveaways are now Twitter-based.)