How come the short weeks are often the busiest? We had a lot to talk about in the automotive world this week, with Lucid's new Air EV making its official debut, in addition to Maserati's new MC20 sports car. On top of that, a number of important reviews hit the pages of Roadshow, including a full test of the most basic $59,995 Chevy Corvette. Here's a look back at all that and more for the week ending Sept. 12.
Chevy made a huge splash when it announced the C8 Corvette would start below $60,000 including delivery fees. But honestly, we never thought we'd actually see one of the fabled base cars. That all changed when Chevy delivered this Ceramic-colored C8 for testing, and as it turns out, the $59,995 Corvette is absolutely the performance bargain of the year.
The Audi R8 is one of the world's best supercars. It's fast, agile and turns heads wherever it goes. But it's also a comfortable and tech-rich daily driver, as we find out in this in-depth review of the droptop Spyder variant.
Enthusiasts have been begging Jeep to drop a V8 in the Wrangler for years and years. And while this Wrangler Rubicon 392 concept isn't ready for production just yet, we've got a pretty good feeling it's a teaser of things to come. Here's hoping.
- : With sleek looks and Tesla-beating range, the new Air is a seriously compelling EV.
- : Maserati's first new sports car in a long time is the MC20, and it's packing quite a punch.
- : Holy smokes, is this thing sharp?
- : Check out these teasers of the EV startup's second act.
- : The two-door Defender 90 and a few other changes are in store for the company's new SUV.
- : Here's how much Mercedes' updated E-Class range will cost heading into 2021.
Check out the Lucid Air
Here's an up-close look at Lucid's new Air EV, which promises more than 500 miles of range on a single charge.
A new sports car from Maserati
The long-awaited MC20 is here, and it's ready to take on the world's best supercars.
It's Targa time
Henry Catchpole takes a spin in Porsche's new coupe-cabriolet-combining 911 Targa.