The, like Bob Lutz, is fading away. In January, General Motors' vice chairman told members of the Society of Automotive Analysts that the plug-in hybrid concept would be produced sometime after 2012.
The two-seater was to use the same plug-in technology as the, which debuts late this year, and the Volt's sibling, the .
Since then, Lutz has announced that he is retiring May 1. And now word is that the Converj is dead.
"It has always been a concept," said Cadillac spokesman Nick Twork. "It was never announced officially that we were going to do the Converj. We never issued a press release."
Lutz now concedes the Converj is not heading to showrooms. In a text message last week, he said, "Simply, other priorities and the conviction that the Volt and Ampera will use all available capacity for years to come."
(Source: Automotive News)