Roadshow's Holiday Giveaway
NO PURCHASE OR WIRELESS DEVICE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES, WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD OR AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN YOUR STATE OF RESIDENCE AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. IF YOU ARE ACCESSING THIS SWEEPSTAKES VIA YOUR WIRELESS DEVICE, DATA RATES MAY APPLY.
Administrator & Sponsor: CNET, a Division of CBS Interactive ("CBSI"), Inc., 235 Second Street, San Francisco, California 94105.
Prize Providers: Jiffy Lube, P.O. Box 4427 Houston, TX 77210-4458 ("Jiffy Lube") and Nonda ("Nonda"), 828 Bryant St, Palo Alto, CA 94301
Sweepstakes Entities: CBSI, Jiffy Lube, Nonda and Woobox (the sweepstakes platform provider) 101 E 6th Street Suite 220, Vancouver, WA 98660
1. Acceptance of Rules. By entering the Roadshow's Holiday Giveaway (the "Sweepstakes") operated on the CBSI web site accessible at the domain "theroadshow.com" (the "CBSI Service"), you hereby accept and agree to these official rules (the "Official Rules") of this Sweepstakes and the decisions of the Administrator in connection with this Sweepstakes, whose decisions are final.
If you are a wireless service subscriber and have a smartphone, tablet or other wireless device that allows you access to the Internet, you may also enter the Sweepstakes via any of those devices during the Promotion Period (as defined below). If you chose to access this Sweepstakes via any of those wireless devices, you may be charged message and/or data rates according to the Terms and Conditions of your Service Agreement with your wireless carrier. Each wireless carrier's rate plan may vary, and participants should contact their wireless carrier for information on rate plans and charges related to your participation in this Sweepstakes.
2. Eligibility. This Sweepstakes is offered and open to persons who are: (a) legal residents of the United States; (b) at least 18 years old or age of majority, whichever is older in their state of residence, at the date of entry in this Sweepstakes; and (c) a Registered User of the CBSI Service who has agreed to receive the CNET Insider Newsletter and Roadshow Newsletter. If not already, you must register to the CBSI Service. For purposes of these Official Rules, "Registered User(s)" means a person who has successfully completed the registration form and has obtained a user identification ("ID") and associated password ("Password") on the CBSI Service. There is no cost to register for the CBSI Service and/or to receive such newsletter(s), and participants can unsubscribe from receiving the newsletter(s) at anytime. Employees, directors and the Immediate Family members of the Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies and legal and financial advisors are not eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. For purpose of the foregoing, "immediate family" means parents, spouses, children, siblings or any members of the same households of such employees and directors. This Sweepstakes is void outside of the U.S., in all U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited by law.
3. Entering the Sweepstakes: To enter the Sweepstakes, Registered Users need to go, during the Promotion Period (as defined below), to the CBSI Service at cnet.com/roadshow/news/holiday-giveaway, sign up for the Sweepstakes via the application found on such page, provide your name and email address, agree to receive the CNET Insider and Roadshow Newsletter, agree to these Official Rules, hit the "Submit" button and you will receive an entry into the Sweepstakes. Participants in the Sweepstakes may receive additional entries into the Sweepstakes by sharing the Sweepstakes with friends, via the link provided by the Administrator during the Sweepstakes entry process, in accordance with these Official Rules. Participants may receive one (1) additional entry to the Sweepstakes per each friend who enters the Sweepstakes through the link shared by the participant. Participants may receive up to ten (10) additional entries to the Sweepstakes; one (1) per each friend who enters the Sweepstakes through the link shared by the participant. All participants who decide to share the Sweepstakes link must alert their friends to the fact that participant will be receiving additional entries in the event the friends enter the Sweepstakes through the link shared by participant. Not alerting friends as noted may result in disqualification of such additional entries. Limit of eleven (11) entries per person.
4. Promotion Period. The Sweepstakes begins on December 4, 2017 at 5:30 p.m. PT and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on December 13, 2017 (the "Promotion Period").
5. Prizes. The Sweepstakes will award: (i) one (1) grand prize; (ii) two (2) first prizes; (iii) one (1) second prize; (iv) one (1) third prize; and (v) five (5) fourth prizes. The grand prize ("Grand Prize") consists of one (1) Nonda ZUS Smart Car Charger, one (1) Nonda Car Key Finder, and one (1) Ferrari S100 Earphones by Logic3. The approximate retail value ("ARV") of the Grand Prize is Two Hundred Thirty-Five Dollars (US$235.00).
Each first prize ("First Prize") consists of one (1) Nonda ZUS Smart Car Charger, one (1) Nonda Car Key Finder, and one (1) $100 Jiffy Lube Gift Card. Total ARV of each First Prize is One Hundred Fifty-Five Dollars (US$155.00).
The second prize ("Second Prize") consists of one (1) Nonda ZUS Smart Car Charger, one (1) Nonda Car Key Finder, and one (1) RadioShack 12V Jump Starter/Power Bank. Total ARV of the Second Prize is One Hundred Five Dollars (US$105.00).
The third prize ("Third Prize") consists of one (1) Nonda ZUS Smart Car Charger, one (1) Nonda Car Key Finder, and one (1) RC Mini Race car by DE. Total ARV for Third Prize is Sixty-Five Dollars (US$65.00).
Each fourth prize ("Fourth Prize") consists of one (1) Nonda ZUS Smart Car Charger, and one (1) Nonda Car Key Finder. Total ARV each Fourth Prize is Fifty-Five Dollars (US$55.00). (Grand Prize, First Prize(s), Second Prize, Third Prize, Fourth Prize(s), collectively, the "Prizes"). Total ARV of all Prizes to be awarded in this Sweepstakes is Nine Hundred Ninety Dollars (US$990.00).
6. Prize Restrictions. Certain restrictions may apply on Prizes and will be furnished upon Prize claim. No assignment, transfer, conversion to cash or cash redemption or substitution of a Prize is permitted, except Administrator reserves the right to substitute a Prize with a prize of comparable or greater value, should a Prize or part of a Prize become unavailable. Prize is solely for personal use and may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion. All Prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sweepstakes Entities.
7. Odds/Drawings/Winner Notification. Odds of winning a Prize depends on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. On or about December 14, 2017, the Prize drawings will be conducted at random by Administrator, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. The potential winner(s) ("Winner(s)") will be notified by email. Potential Winner(s) will be asked to provide their personal information, such as their name, physical address, date of birth and phone number in order to confirm eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. If a potential Winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during three (3) business days from the first notification attempt, such person may be disqualified, with an alternate Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules. For purposes of clarity, each Prize has its own standalone drawing. In the event a Winner does not respond within the allotted time frame, a new drawing will be conducted in attempt to fulfill that Prize and the First Prize Winner(s) will not be eligible for the Grand Prize nor will the Second Prize Winner be eligible for the First Prize(s), nor the Third Prize Winner be eligible for the Second Prize nor will the Fourth Prize Winner be eligible for the Third Prize. Administrator will select up to two (2) alternate Winners per Prize. If no contact has been made with the alternates after a reasonable effort has been made during three (3) business days from the first notification attempt to the last alternate, such Prize shall not be awarded.
Administrator will only select up to two (2) alternates per Prize. If no contact has been made with the alternates after a reasonable effort has been made during three (3) business days, such Prize shall not be awarded.
8. Prize Taxes. All federal, state, local and other tax liabilities arising from this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, winning a Prize, will be the sole responsibility of each Winner.
9. Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and Publicity Release. Winner(s) may be required to complete, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release (collectively, the "Release Forms"), as well as a W-9 tax form within five (5) days of notification of winning. Failure to return Release Forms timely, or if Prize notification(s) or a Prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if a Winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, may result in disqualification with an alternate Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules.
10. Publicity Release Terms. Except where prohibited by law, the Winner's acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for the Sweepstakes Entities to use Winner's name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and address (city and state) worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation.
11. Improper Conduct. Administrator, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant from participation in or use of any or all portions of this Sweepstakes, and refuse to award the Prize(s), if Winner(s) engage(s) in any conduct Administrator deems to be improper, unfair or otherwise adverse to the operation of the Sweepstakes or detrimental to other entrants of the Sweepstakes. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during entrant registration or Prize claim, violating any term or condition stated herein, accumulating entries through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use entrant's personal information for the purpose of accumulating entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs in connection with this Sweepstakes. Winner(s) agree that Administrator may void a Prize or any part of a Prize that Winner may have won and/or require the return of a Prize or any part of a Prize that Winner may have won as a result of such improper conduct. Winner(s) further acknowledge(s) that any forfeiture of a Prize and/or return of a Prize shall in no way prevent Administrator from pursuing other avenues of recourse, such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, EACH OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. Integrity of Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which Administrator, in its sole opinion believes could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes and select the Winner(s) from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as Administrator may deem fair and appropriate.
13. Lost or Corrupted Entries. The Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, lost, late, incomplete, corrupted, stolen, misdirected, illegible or postage-due entries or mail, if applicable; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. The Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by registration information submitted by end users or tampering, hacking or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes, and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Sweepstakes.
14. Damaged Property. The Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, injury or damage to any entrants or to any other person's computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from this Sweepstakes.
15. Sweepstakes Errors. The Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with errors and/or ambiguity: (a) in the Sweepstakes; (b) in any related advertising or promotions of this Sweepstakes; and/or (c) in these Official Rules. In the event of any ambiguity(s) or error(s) in these Official Rules, Administrator reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes or to correct any such ambiguity(s) or error(s) without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
16. Prize(s) and Winner(s). The Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you/entrant hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, the selection and announcement of the Winner(s), the distribution of the Prize(s), the acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of any part of a Prize and/or any injury or damage to any entrant's or third person's property related to or resulting from any part of a Prize or any part of this Sweepstakes.
17. Release and Indemnity. Each entrant in this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, the Winner(s), hereby releases and agrees to hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a Prize, participation in this Sweepstakes and participation in any activity related to this Sweepstakes.
18. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
19. Disclaimer of Warranties. THE SWEEPSTAKES AND PRIZE(S) ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
20. Identity Disputes. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. For purposes of these Official Rules, "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
21. Binding Arbitration. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim, arising out of, or relating to, these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, in the City of New York and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
22. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This promotion is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Administrator in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration, as set forth in Section 21 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of New York, in the City of New York.
23. Winner's List/Official Rules. For the names of the Prize Winner(s), send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by December 31, 2017 to "Winners List, Roadshow's Holiday Giveaway" c/o CNET, a Division of CBS Interactive, Inc. 28 E. 28th St, New York, NY 10016. For Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to the above address marked "Official Rules: Roadshow's Holiday Giveaway" for receipt by December 31, 2017. Residents of VT may omit postage on the self-addressed envelope. The full name of the Winner(s) may be posted, and the Official Rules will be posted on the CBSI Service (i.e. theRoadshow.com).