JBL's Flip 4 Bluetooth portable speaker looks virtually identical to the, but it has some improvements on the inside, including new drivers and full waterproofing.
I got a quick chance to listen to it here atand it's hard to tell how much better it sounds -- JBL says 20 percent better -- but it remains one of the top compact Bluetooth speakers for less than $100 (it lists for $99.95).
I'll have a full review -- and compare it to the Flip 3 -- when it comes out in the US this spring. UK and Australian details weren't announced, but $100 converts to about £80 or AU$140.
JBL Flip 4 features
- Wireless Bluetooth streaming: Wirelessly connect up to two phones or tablets to the speaker and take turns playing music
- 12-hours of playtime: Built-in 3,000mAh rechargeable Li-ion battery supports up to 12 hours of playtime
- IPX7 waterproof (can be dunked in water)
- Connect more than 100 JBL Connect+ enabled speakers together to amplify the listening experience
- Speakerphone with noise- and echo-cancelling
- Voice assistant integration: Access Siri or Google Now from your JBL speaker with a button press
- New fabric covering and rugged rubber housing make the Flip 4 more durable than previous model
- JBL Bass Radiator: Dual external passive radiators help deliver more bass
- Available on JBL.com and select retailers for $100 starting in spring 2017
- Six color options: black, white, teal, gray, red and blue