When you think of luxury products, you probably don't picture flood sensors. But Honeywell's Lyric Wi-Fi Leak and Freeze Detector is just that. It can do more than its competitors, and it's easier to use, since it doesn't need a smart hub to function.
What could be a great premium device, however, doesn't quite live up to the hype. A few odd design choices make its $80 price tag feel too steep.
Here are the specs for the Honeywell Lyric Wi-Fi Leak and Freeze Detector:
- Connects with Wi-Fi (meaning no smart hub is needed)
- Measures temperature and humidity
- Includes a cable to extend its sensing range
- Can send alerts in case of flood, or specific temperature/humidity levels
- Battery-powered with an estimated life of 1-3 years (depending on your settings)
Just in terms of skills, this flood sensor beats out pretty much all the competition. Its cable range extender makes it a much more flexible device for the needs of different users. And its battery power is impressive, considering Wi-Fi-based gadgets typically require more power than Z-Wave or Zigbee devices.