CNET también está disponible en español.

Ir a español

Don't show this again

Electrolux EFLS527UTT review: Better laundry is just around the corner

I was sure SmartBoost was the reason the EFLS627UTT performed so incredibly well, but, as you'll see in the section below, the EFLS527UTT removed stains nearly as well as the top-performing EFLS627UTT without it. 

Electrolux wins yet again

To test a washer's performance, we measure two things: the percentage of stains the washer removes from a strip of pretreated prestained fabric; and the number of frayed threads that appear on a separate squares of fabric post-wash. Curious about our specific test methodology? Read more about how we test washers

The EFLS527UTT got the second best stain removal score ever, with just 38 percent of its original stains remaining. That means it removed 62 percent of the stains on the stains strips (on average). The Electrolux EFLS627UTT did slightly better with just 36 percent of its original stains remaining (meaning it removed 64 percent of the stains on average). While the EFLS627UTT is still the overall winner, the EFLS527UTT got closer than any other machine has (yet).

Samsung's WF45M5500AZ did well too, with 44 percent of its original stains were left on average after each cleaning cycle. That really is a great score, but it isn't nearly as good as the EFLS527UTT's result. 

electrolux-efls527utt-stain-strip-performance-grid
View full gallery

The lower the percentage, the better the washer did removing the stain.

CNET

The EFLS527UTT was fairly tough on clothes, though. It averaged 292 attached, frayed threads measuring at or over 2 millimeters long after a cleaning cycle. The EFLS627UTT was even tougher on clothes with 333 attached, frayed threads. The Samsung WF45M5500AZ had 294 attached, frayed threads on average.

Keep in mind that we test wear and tear using each washer's "normal" cycle. We weigh stain removal more heavily here because you can always opt for a delicate cycle with any items that need more care. 

The takeaway 

Electrolux's $1,199 EFLS527UTT is an awesome front-load washer. It looks smart, it performs well and it's easy to use. Stack it with the companion dryer or set them side-by-side. It doesn't have SmartBoost or a particularly large internal capacity, but it doesn't matter much. I highly recommend this washer in gray ($1,199) or in white ($1,099) if you're searching for a well-rounded front-loader with above-average performance.

Best Washing Machines for 2019

All Best Washing Machines

More Best Products

All Best Products