If you're buying a big-ticket item on Amazon -- perhaps, or -- and you would like to pay over time, you can use a , many of which will give you a respite from interest accrual for a year or more. Or you can use the zero-interest promotional payment benefit offered by Amazon via its Prime Rewards Visa Signature card, which provides a number of payment flexibility choices.
Note that a number of other retailers, including installment plan services.and offer third-party 0% APR payment options through Affirm, Klarna and other
But back to Amazon. If you don't already have the Prime Rewards Visa Signature, the online application process is easy and auto-loads your new credit card into your Amazon account once you're approved. And if you already have the card, here's what you need to know.
How to use Amazon's Prime Visa zero-interest financing
If you'd prefer payment flexibility over cash back at this moment, the Prime Rewards Visa offers a variety of 0% promotional interest installment plans based on your purchase amount. Here's how to find them:
1. At checkout, select your Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature card as your payment method.
2. Use the drop-down menu under the credit card icon to choose one of three selections:
- Get 5% cash back
- Use 0% promotional APR special financing for 6, 12, or 18 months (14.24% to 22.24% variable APR thereafter).
- Pay with interest-free Equal Pay installments.
If you choose financing or installment payments, note that the terms vary based on your purchase amount:
- When you spend $50 or more: 0% promotional APR for 6 months, or 6 equal interest-free monthly payments.
- For $250 or more: 0% promotional APR for 12 months, or 12 equal interest-free monthly payments.
- For $500 or more: 0% promotional APR for 18 months, or 18 equal interest-free monthly payments.
After the 0% promotional APR period, you will be subject to a regular variable APR of 14.24% to 22.24%. Regardless of which option you choose, financed and installment payments can be made online at Chase.com or by mail when you pay your Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card statement.
Cash back and other benefits
In addition to 0% promotional APR and flexible payments, the Prime Rewards Visa Signature card offers a handful of other worthwhile advantages, which is why it's one of our. Here are some of the other benefits and features:
- 5% cash back on Amazon and Whole Foods purchases.
- 2% at restaurants, gas stations, drugstores.
- 1% on everything else.
- No annual fee or foreign transaction fees.
- Emergency assistance when you travel, e.g., lost luggage and accidental insurance.
- 24/7 Visa Signature Concierge Service for travel planning and booking.
The editorial content on this page is based solely on objective, independent assessments by our writers and is not influenced by advertising or partnerships. It has not been provided or commissioned by any third party. However, we may receive compensation when you click on links to products or services offered by our partners.