The Cheapskate is traveling today (helloooo, Denver!), so it's the perfect time to roll out a new contest. And this one is near and dear to my heart, because it's all about fitness. Also, television. (I know: irony!)
The cool folks at Pear Sports want to whip you into shape, and they're going to do it with the following prize package:
- A Pear Mobile Training Intelligence System including a Bluetooth heart-rate monitor and sport headphones (ARV: $99.95)
- A Pear/Incipio sport smartphone holder (ARV: $29.95)
- A one-year subscription to Pear (ARV: $29.95)
- And a Vizio 42-inch E420-B1 1080p LED TV (ARV: $359.99)
Sweet, right? Man, I wish I could enter this contest! Fortunately, you can, and all you have to do is the usual stuff: be a registered CNET user, post a comment below and, if you're cool, vote in our poll. (Full rules and details are at the bottom.)
Your contest-entering comment should answer these two questions:
Would you be interested in using interactive, audio-based coaching through an app? And what would keep you motivated to keep using it once you start?
Easy-peasy. Just make sure you get your answers in no later than this Friday, March 13, at 11:59 p.m. PST.
The Pear system is more than just the typical fitness app; it's interactive, with real-time coaching and heart-rate monitoring integrated into the system, adjusting your workout as you go.
So what's the TV for? Catching up on "Downton Abbey" after your workout, of course! (No sneaky going straight to the couch. Couches and TVs are for winners. Literally in this case.)
Bonus deal: Ever notice how cheap, off-brand Lightning cables are always failing? two-pack of Apple 3-foot Lightning cables for $10.46 shipped when you apply coupon code TECHBARGAINS at checkout. These are real-deal, Apple-branded cords, meaning they should last longer than the usual cheapie jobs. (If you want to have a discussion on this, don't do it here. Today's comments section is solely for the contest. Instead, hop to .). Fortunately, you don't have to pay Apple a ridiculous $19 for a single cable -- not when the Cheapskate is around. For a limited time, and while supplies last, A4C has a
Rules and legalese:
- Register as a CNET user (by clicking "Join CNET" in the top-right corner of the page). If you're already registered, there's no need to register again -- you just need to be logged in.
- Go to the bottom of my blog post, click Show Comments, then answer these questions: "Would you be interested in using interactive, audio-based coaching through an app? And what would keep you motivated to keep using it once you start?" Then click Post Comment.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified. The winners will be chosen randomly.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via email. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Friday, March 13 at 11:59pm PST.
- Some legalese: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the US, 18 and older, and a Registered User of CNET.com. Void where prohibited. Ends at 11:59 PM PST on 03/13/15. .