Microsoft is offering a new Xbox One gaming bundle to try to boost sales of the console for the holiday season.
Due November 3, the new bundle known as Xbox One 1TB Rise of the Tomb Raider is now available for preorder at Microsoft's online store and Best Buy's website. The bundle sells for $399 at both retailers.
Sony's PlayStation 4 has traditionally trumped the Xbox One in sales. Both consoles were first released in November 2013. To rev up demand for its console, Microsoft has done everything from slashing the price of the Xbox One to bundling free games to offering a Kinect-free version of the console. Some of those efforts have helped boost sales, especially the price cuts. The PS4 was still the top-selling console in the US in August, Gamespot reported earlier this month. But the Xbox One scored as well, with Microsoft announcing that sales in the US rose by 26 percent compared with August 2014.
Xbox One 1TB Rise of the Tomb Raider packs in the following features:
- A one-terabyte hard drive to store as many games as possible.
- The Xbox One wireless controller with a 3.5mm headset jack.
- Full download of the game Rise of the Tomb Raider, dubbed by Microsoft as a holiday 2015 Xbox exclusive.
- The Tactical Survival Kit Content Pack, which contains a new outfit and weapon skin for Tomb Raider heroine Lara Croft.
- Full-game download of Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, the HD remake of 2013's Tomb Raider.
The new bundle will also be available at participating retailers where the Xbox One is sold, with the exception of Canada, China and the UK. To woo holiday buyers, Microsoft promises to add a new Xbox bundle to its lineup every day this week.